1. Kate Spade Cedar Street Passport Cover
2. Trina Turk Off The Shoulder Dress
3. Joe Fresh Straw Sun Hat
4. Baggu Weekend Bag – Sailor Stripe
5. Tory Birch Miller Sandal – Cork
6. Becca High Neck Bikini Top
7. Rip Curl Havana White Romper
8. Kate Spade Wash & Wear Laundry Bags
9. Anna Tortoise Sunglasses Ily Couture
I’m a girl who loves to shop, but keeping within my budget is always an issue. Just ask my husband! When I know he’s going to see my credit card bill at the end of the month I either make sure I’m not home the night it arrives so he has time to “cool down” and remember how much he loves me, or alternatively I plan to get to the mailbox before he does to create a game plan on how I’m going to justify my purchases.
I was recently gifted with some of the best budget-control measures that I know of when it comes to online, in-store, and cross-border shopping – prepaid cards!
Knowing how much I had in my budget I was able to create a shopping list of spring must-have items for my upcoming holiday’s in the sun and sand. I created the list above knowing that I had a budget, and I would need to stick to that budget because it was already set with my prepaid cards.
Here is why I love prepaid cards so much:
1. These cards are pre-loaded with a set dollar value so they are very budget friendly. There is no way I can go over my shopping budget because the card is loaded with a pre-set amount. A husband’s dream come true! Once the balance is depleted I can reload the card if I wish which is very convenient as well.
2. You can use a prepaid card anywhere on the card network (American Express, MasterCard and Visa) for both online and in-store purchases. I am always using my credit card online which is so much less secure than a prepaid card. Fraud and identity theft is less of a concern when shopping with prepaid cards compared to shopping with a credit card.
3. You can use prepaid cards at any store as opposed to gift cards for specific retailers. Don’t you just hate it when your Aunt buys you a gift card for your birthday, and it’s from somewhere you know you will never shop at? There is a huge amount of freedom with a prepaid card, and with the reloadable option they are beyond flexible.
4. Prepaid cards can be used universally. This means you can make purchases anywhere in the world the card is accepted. This is huge for someone like myself who loves to travel. Just last year I was shopping on trips to Las Vegas, New York City, and all over the Caribbean on a cruise, and it would have been so much more convenient to use a prepaid card then converting cash to the proper currency for each country. It’s much safer to bring a prepaid card rather than cash in case of theft as well.
Do you want to learn more about what prepaid cards can do for you? Visit the Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO) for more information here!
How would you like to win a $100 prepaid gift card yourself? The obvious answer is yes, right?
To enter this contest you must complete these steps below!
Step 1 is to follow me on Instagram here!
Step 2 is to follow me on Twitter and retweet this message found here!
Step 3 is to return to this post and comment below it with your Instagram and Twitter usernames for entry.
Once all three steps are completed, are you entered!
This giveaway is open to Canadian (excluding Quebec) only who are at least 18 years of age. This contest begins on February 21st, 2016 and the contest closes on March 5th, 2016 at 9:00am. The randomly selected winner will be announced later that day on the blog.
Good luck to everyone who enters!
Disclaimer: I was provided prepaid cards for review, but all opinions are fabulously my own.