Travel has always been a huge part of my life, but before I had my son I had an unsubstantiated fear that my carefree travel days were over once I had a child! It turns out if anything, we’ve actually travelled MORE since we had our son!
Our first out-of-country trip with our son was when he was 7 months old, and although our travel experience has been very different with each year older he becomes, there are still some things that we rely on when we go on vacation.
Luckily Air Canada not only recognises the challenges families face when travelling, but they have an amazing set of services offered to families travelling with children under the age of 12.
I want to highlight 5 services that Air Canada provides for families travelling with children under the age of 12 that you may not know about, but you will definitely want to take advantage of the next time you fly!
1. Have you heard of family check-in? It’s available on all Air Canada flights including mainline Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Express and codeshare flights operated out of Montreal Trudeau, Toronto Pearson and Vancouver International! Families with children under 6 can also board early prior to general boarding, which means you can have extra time to get your children settled and put their belongings away before the flight takes off.
2. Air Canada customers travelling with children under 12 (2 to 11 years old) are eligible for complimentary proximity seating in standard or preferred seats! At the time of booking your reservation with Air Canada you should indicate you are travelling with children and they will assign proximity seating for the entire party within 48 hours of booking confirmation. If Air Canada is unable to seat at least one child together with one adult then you have the option to rebook your travel on another flight free of charge where seating can be arranged.
3. This one’s my favourite! Have you heard of the Air Canada Altitude Skyriders? Sign your kids up (12 and under) for the program prior to your flight so they will receive a logbook to keep track of their flights, a unique luggage tag, special stickers and the opportunity to earn more goodies! This program is such a great idea to get your kids excited for their next adventure!
4. When it comes to unaccompanied minors, Air Canada ensures the travel process for children is smooth and worry-free.
For a fee of $100 unaccompanied minors are eligible for benefits that include special assistance check-in and private boarding! The child would be accompanied by an Air Canada agent at all times and escorted straight to the person assigned to pick them up. While they are on their flight unaccompanied minors receive a complimentary Bistro item, a headset, pillow, blanket, Rouge iPad and Skyrider gift!
5. Air Canada always makes families a priority, even in the event of a schedule change or rebooking. Families are always offered food and hotel vouchers when needed, and if the first choice of seats cannot be assigned in the event of a schedule change or rebooking families will be contacted and are eligible for a free change of ticket or a full refund. It’s nice to know that when unexpected changes happen, Air Canada put’s families first! I know for me it can be daunting to find out there’s been a change made to my carefully crafted travel schedule with children. Knowing that Air Canada will turn to families like mine first to make sure we are taken care of gives me peace of mind when booking with them!
So many unexpected things can happen while travelling, so it’s nice to know that Air Canada is looking out for families with children! Their tailored services for families with children can make your next adventure with little one’s easy to manage!
Head over to their website here to learn more about what they have to offer families!
Items in this post may have been provided to me for review, but all opinions are fabulously my own.