The first annual Toronto Food and Wine Festival is happening September 18th to 20th at Evergreen Brick Works! It pairs two of the things I love the most – food and wine!
I love this venue. I have been to a few festivals and parties at Evergreen Brick Works, and I love visiting the farmers market there as well. It’s a great space to mix and mingle, and to enjoy some great gourmet food and wine.
Why should you attend the festival? Here are five great reasons you need to go!
1. Curtis Stone, Tyler Florence, Gail Simmons, Chuck Hughes, Roger Mooking, Mark McEwan, Antonio Park and many more will be taking to the stages for demos, talks and workshops throughout the three-day event.
2. You’ll be able to sample, sip and savour all the flavours from 130 purveyors of premium products, fine foods and beverages from Ontario, Canada and around the world in the Grand Tasting Pavilion – presented by PC Black Label.
3. For the first time ever, Cochon 555 is bringing its flavour-packed marquee events series to Canada allowing guests to sink their teeth into over 1400 pounds of expertly prepared pork dishes by the hottest chefs including Chuck Hughes, Matty Matheson and more.
4. Expert-level educational workshops welcome legendary masters like Kevin Kent (Knifewear), Tetsuya “Ted” Iizuka (Soba Canada), and Antonio Park (Park Restaurant) to share their knowledge regarding time-held traditions like knife skills and soba noodle making.
5. Canada’s Best New Student Chef will be crowned after an exciting and unique cooking competition called Taste Canada Cooks the Books. Some of the brightest up-and-coming culinary talents from schools across Canada will gather in front of a live audience in the Miele Kitchen to make a dish from a well-known Canadian cookbook, with the author on stage!
How would you like to win two tickets to the Toronto Food and Wine Festival?
Enter via the Rafflecopter App below to win! The tickets will provide you and a guest general admission to the festival, and will give you access to the Grand Tasting Paviliion and some celebrity chef events.
The contest ends on Tuesday, August 4th, 2015, and is open to Canadian residents only. There are multiple ways to enter, with one randomly selected winner announced on August 4th.
Good luck to everyone who enters!
For more on the Toronto Food and Wine Festival, visit them at www.torontofoodandwine.com, and on social media here:
Facebook: /Toronto FOOD & WINE